Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Use cautiously in:
• recurrent epistaxis, recent nasal septal ulcer, nasal surgery, or trauma
• severe hepatic disease (Veramyst)
• glaucoma and cataracts
• tuberculosis; respiratory tract infection; fungal, bacterial, viral, or parasitic infections; ocular herpes simplex
• hypercorticism and adrenal suppression (when used at higher than recommended dosages or in susceptible persons)
• concurrent use of other CYP3A inhibitors (such as ketoconazole; use not recommended with ritonavir)
• Candida albicans infection (Flovent, Veramyst)
• elderly patients (Flonase, Veramyst)
• pregnant or breastfeeding patients (Flovent, Flonase, Veramyst)
• children younger age than 4 (Flonase, Flovent)
• children younger than age 2 (Veramyst).